Radical arylation of thiourea and N,N'-diphenylthiourea using N-nitrosoacetanilides
- 32 Downloads
The radical arylation of thiourea and N,N'-diphenylthiourea using N-nitrosoacetanilide and N-nitro-so(a cet-p-toluidide) as the source of aryl radicals gave the N-aryl-N,N'-diphenylisothiuronium compounds, which were isolated as the picrates.
The N-nitrosoacetanilides are more efficient arylating agents for N,N'-diphenylthiourea than phenylazotriphenylmethane.
KeywordsThiourea Picrate Radical Arylation Diphenylthiourea
- 1.I. I. Kandror, B. V. Kopylova, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Tetrahedron, Lett.,1978, 3087.Google Scholar
- 2.B. V. Kopylova, I. I. Kandror, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,243, 1197 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.D. C. Nonhebel and J. C. Walton, Free-Radical Chemistry, Cambridge Univ. Press (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.J. I. G. Cadogan, R. M. Paton, and C. Thomson, Chem. Communs.,1969, 614; 1970, 229.Google Scholar
- 5.H. France, I. M. Heilbron, and D. H. Hey, J. Chem. Soc.,1940, 369.Google Scholar