Synthesis of 6-formyl-2,3-di-o-phenylcarbamoylcellulose and its conversion into a 6-amino-6-desoxypolysaccharide
- 20 Downloads
The compound 6-formyl-2,3-di-O-phenylcarbamoylcellulose has been prepared with degree of oxidation 0.7–0.8 during the oxidation of 2,3-di-O-phenylcarbamoylcellulose by the mixtures DMSO-DCHC-PSFA and DMSO-P2O5 (DCHC is dicyclohexylcarbodiimide, and PSFA is the pyridine salt of trifluoroacetic acid).
Upon the reduction of 6-aldoxime-2,3-di-O-phenylcarbamoylcellulose by LiAlH4, a 6-amino-6-desoxysaccharide is obtained with degree of substitution of 0.45.
KeywordsOxidation Pyridine Trifluoroacetic Acid LiAlH4 Dicyclohexylcarbodiimide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Clode and D. Horton, Carbohyd. Res.,19, 329 (1971).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Horton, A. Leutzow, and O. Theander, Carbohydr. Res.,26, 1 (1973).Google Scholar
- 3.L. M. Lushina, G. V. Vikhoreva, M. K. Belyakova, and L. S. Gol'braikh, Thematic Collection of Scientific Works of Moscow Textile Institute [in Russian], No. 1 (4), (1974), p. 1.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Butterworth and S. Hanessian, Synthesis,1971, 70.Google Scholar
- 5.A. I. Usov, N. I. Nosova, S. I. Firgang, and O. P. Golova, Vysokomol, Soedin.,A15, 1150 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.J. Pure and P. Sherrington, Trans. Faraday Soc.,57, 1796 (1961).Google Scholar
- 7.A. I. Usov and V. S. Ivanova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1973, 910.Google Scholar