Synthesis of Z,Z-Trishomofarnesal tert-butylimine
- 20 Downloads
A highly stereoselective method was developed for the preparation of Z,Z-trishomofarnesal tert-butylimine, a key block synthone required for the construction of polyprenols with a nonnatural configuration of the “head” end of the chain, using as a basis the controlled condensation of aldehydes with aldimines. It was shown that introduction into the condensation of aldehydes containing an acetal grouping at the ω-position results in the formation of considerable amounts of aldols. The use of α-trimethylsilyl derivatives of aldimines makes it possible to dispense with this process and to direct the reaction toward the desired Eacroleins.
KeywordsAcetal Aldehyde Aldol Acetal Grouping Aldimines
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. Ya. Grigorieva, I. M. Avrutov, and A. M. Semenovsky, Tetrahedron Lett.,24, 5531 (1983); A. V. Semenovskii, N. Ya. Grigor'eva, I. M. Avrutov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 152 (1984); N. Ya. Grigor'eva, I. M. Avrutov, O. M. Pinsker, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 8, 1824 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.N. Ya. Grigor'eva, O. N. Yudina, E. D. Daeva, and A. M. Moiseenkov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 89 (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.T. N. Chan, Acc. Chem. Res.,10, 442 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.E. P. Prokofév, N. Ya. Grigor'eva, and A. V. Semenovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 4, 834 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.N. Ya. Grigor'eva, E. P. Prokofev, and A. V. Semenovskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,245, 366 (1979); K. Ya. Burshtein and N. Ya. Grigor'eva, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 2, 449 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.E. E. Van Tamelen and T. J. Curphey, Tetrahedron Lett., 121 (1962).Google Scholar
- 7.A. S. Shashkov, N. Ya. Grigor'eva, I. M. Avrutov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. 2, 388 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Avrutov, N. Ya. Grigor'eva, V. S. Bogdanov, and A. M. Moiseenkov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 10, 2194 (1987).Google Scholar
- 9.E. M. Burgess and M. C. Pulcrano, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,100, 6538 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.J. E. Bielman and J. B. Ducep, Tetrahedron,27, 5861 (1971).Google Scholar
- 11.T. D. Perrine, J. Org. Chem.,18, 1356 (1953).Google Scholar