Thermodynamic characteristics for the adsorption of organic compounds. Surface-modified barium sulfate as an ionic adsorbent. 1. The adsorption of normal alkanes, normal alkenes, and aromatic compounds
- 40 Downloads
Gas chromatography was used to determine the thermodynamic characteristics of the adsorption of normal alkanes, normal alkenes, alkylaromatic, haloaromatic, and polyaromatic hydrocarbons on BaSO4, which is an ionic adsorbent, with a modified surface.
The retention of the molecules (except for normal alkanes) is significantly dependent on the specific interaction of the adsorbed molecules with the BaSO4 surface.
The contributions of the specific interaction energy to the heat of adsorption were evaluated.
KeywordsSulfate Chromatography Hydrocarbon Organic Compound Barium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Kiselev and Ya. I. Yashin, Adsorption Gas and Liquid Chromatography [in Russian], Izd. Khimiya, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Kiselev, Intermolecular Interactions in Adsorption and Chromatography [in Russian], Izd. Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 3.L. D. Belyakova, A. V. Kiselev (Kisilev), and L. M. Strokina, Chromatographia,20, 519 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Belyakova and L. M. Strokina, J. Chromatogr.,365, 31 (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Belyakova, A. V. Kiselev (Kisilev), and G. A. Soloyan, Chromatographia,7, 14 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Kiselev and V. P. Dreving (eds.), Experimental Methods in Adsorption and Chromatography [in Russian], Izd. Moskovsk. Gos. Univ., Moscow (1973), pp. 331, 360, 361.Google Scholar
- 8.W. O. McReynolds, J. Chromatogr. Sci.,8, 685 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.R. V. Golovnya and T. A. Misharina, Usp. Khim.,49, 171 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Lykaš, F. Svec, and J. Kàlal, J. Chromatogr.,153, 15 (1978).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Kiselev, Yu. S. Nikitin, R. S. Petrova, and P. N. Tkhan', Kolloidn. Zh.,27, 368 (1965).Google Scholar
- 12.Z. P. Vetrova, N. T. Karabanov, T. N. Shuvalova, et al., Chromatographia,20, 41 (1985).Google Scholar
- 13.N. N. Avgul', A. V. Kiselev, and D. P. Poshkus, The Adsorption of Gases and Vapors on Uniform Surfaces [in Russian], Izd. Khimiya, Moscow (1975).Google Scholar