Structural features of photochromic 2,3-epoxy-2-(p-nitrophenyl)-3-phenylindan-2-one
- 22 Downloads
On the basis of the results from an x-ray crystallographic investigation of the photochromic 2,3-epoxy-2-(p-nitrophenyl)-3-phenylindan-2-one it was shown that the C-C bond cleaved during photoexcitation is the weakest bond in the molecule even in the ground state, as occurred in the previously investigated photochromic spiropyrans.
KeywordsStructural Feature Weak Bond Crystallographic Investigation Photochromic Spiropyrans
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. F. Ullman and W. A. Henderson, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,88, 4942 (1966).Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Kholmanskii and V. M. Zolin, Khim. Fiz.,4, 1206 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Aldoshin and L. O. Atovmyan, Problems of Crystal Chemistry [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984), p. 34.Google Scholar
- 4.S. M. Aldoshin and L. O. Atovmyan, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2009 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Siddarth and M. S. Gopinathan, J. Mol. Struct. (Theochim),148, 101 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.L. V. Vilkov, V. S. Mastryukov, and N. I. Sadova, Determination of the Geometric Structure of Free Molecules [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1978), p. 188.Google Scholar