Theory of the diffusion and sorption of various substances through a biporous sorbent membrane with constant concentration difference at its boundaries
We have considered the determination of the transfer coefficients in transport pores and micropores during the diffusion and sorption of various substances through a biporous sorbent membrane, when there is a constant concentration difference of diffusing substance at the boundaries.
We have obtained simple formulas for the separate determination of diffusion relaxation times in transport pores and micropores from the experimentally determined dependence of the amount of substance carried away from the back side of the membrane on time.
KeywordsRelaxation Time Transfer Coefficient Constant Concentration Simple Formula Concentration Difference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. I. Ulin, P. P. Zolotarev, and A. I. Pilipenko, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1717 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.R. M. Barrer, Trans. Faraday Soc.,35, 628 (1939).Google Scholar
- 3.R. M. Barrer, Philos. Mag.,28, 148 (1939).Google Scholar
- 4.D. P. Timofeev, Adsorption Kinetics [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.P. P. Zolotarev and V. I. Ulin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2367 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.S. N. Efremov, P. P. Zolotarev, and V. I. Ulin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 86 (1981),Google Scholar
- 7.P. P. Zolotarev and V. I. Ulin, in: Adsorption and Porosity [in Russian], Nauka (1976).Google Scholar