Chemical-ionization mass spectra of the methyl ethers of methylglycosides
- 15 Downloads
The effect of the temperature factor on the chemical-ionization mass spectra of α- andβ-methyl-2,3,-4-tri-O-methyl-L-arabinopyranosides and ofα-methyl-2,3,5-tri-O-methyl-L-arabinofuranosides in the 313-413°K range has been studied.
It was confirmed that the anomer possessing an equatorial OCH3 group dissociates considerably more rapidly than the anomer with an axial OCH3 group.
The rate of dissociation of the protonated molecular ions of the methylated methylpyranosides change symbatically with the +I effect of the substituent at C5.
Experimentally it has been shown that the mechanisms of the acid-catalyzed hydrolysis of the furanosides and pyranosides are different.
KeywordsMethyl Ether Hydrolysis Mass Spectrum Temperature Factor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Solov'ev, V. I. Kadentsev, and O. S. Chizhov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2256 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Solov'ev, V. I. Kadentsev, and O. S. Chizhov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2500 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Solov'ev, V. I. Kadentsev, O. S. Chizhov, D. I. Bel'kind, and A. G. Savel'ev, Prib. Tekh. Eksp., No. 2, 223 (1976).Google Scholar
- 4.F. H. Field, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,91, 2827 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Zhdanov and V. I. Minkin, Correlation Analysis in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Izd. Rostovsk. Univ. (1966), p. 313.Google Scholar
- 6.M. S. Feather and J. F. Harris, J. Org. Chem.,30, 153 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.R. U. Lemieux and A. R. Morgan, Can. J. Chem.,43, 2205 (1965).Google Scholar
- 8.W. G. Overend, C. W. Rees, and J. S. Segueira, J. Chem. Soc., A, 3429 (1962).Google Scholar
- 9.B. Capon, Chem. Rev.,69, 407 (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.B. Capon and D. Thacker, J. Chem. Soc., B-3, 185 (1967).Google Scholar
- 12.J. N. BeMiller, Adv. Carbohyd. Chem.,22, 25 (1967).Google Scholar
- 13.D. M. Z. Morgan and A. Neuberger, Carbohyd. Res.,53, 167 (1977).Google Scholar
- 14.T. E. Timell, Can. J. Chem.,42, 1456 (1964).Google Scholar