Redox reactions of 3,6-di-tert-butyl-ortho-benzoquinone, catalyzed by tetrafluorosilane
- 38 Downloads
Tetrafluorosilane- catalyzed redox reactions of 3,6-di-tert-butyl-ortho-benzoquinone have been examined. From the EPR spectroscopic data and a study of the reaction products, a mechanism for these reactions is proposed involving the formation of a quinone- tetrafluorosilane complex which has strong oxidizing properties, and which enables the original quinone to undergo further reactions.
KeywordsQuinone Redox Reaction Spectroscopic Data Catalyze Redox Reaction Tetrafluorosilane
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. K. Chekalov, A. I. Prokof'ev, N. N. Bubnov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 1037 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.G. A. Abakumov, Organometallic Compounds and Radicals [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1985), pp. 85–109.Google Scholar
- 3.The Chemistry of Quinoid Compounds, Part 1, Wiley, New York (1974), p. 335.Google Scholar
- 4.A. K. Chekalov, Dissertation of Candidate of Chemical Science [in Russian], Moscow (1986).Google Scholar
- 5.V. B. Vol'eva, I. A. Novikova, E. V. Ivanova, and V. V. Ershov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 1, 215 (1986).Google Scholar
- 6.M. G. Ryss, The Chemistry of Inorganic Fluorides [in Russian], Goskhimizdat, Moscow (1954).Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Belostoikaya, É. V. Dzhuaryan, and V. V. Ershov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 12, 2808 (1973).Google Scholar