Synthesis of substituted quinolines via the condensation of anilines with aliphatic and aromatic aldehydes in the presence of transition metal and rare-earth metal catalysts
- 53 Downloads
Novel catalyst complexes derived from transition metal and rare-earth metal compounds have been developed for the condensation of anilines with aliphatic and aromatic aldehydes to give the corresponding 2,3-disubstituted quinolines in high yields.
KeywordsAldehyde Aniline Quinoline Metal Catalyst Aromatic Aldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Watanabe, J. Tsuji, and N. Suzuki, Chem. Lett., 1067 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Watanabe, S. Chul Shim, and T. Mitsudo, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn.,54, 3460 (1981).Google Scholar
- 3.U. M. Dzhemilev, F. A. Selimov, and A. Zh. Akhmetov, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 1,318,593; Byull. Izobret., No. 23, 87 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.U. M. Dzhemilev, F. A. Selimov, and A. Zh. Akhmetov, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 1,416,487; Byull. Izobret., No. 30, 88 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.P. Clerc and S. Simon, Tables of Spectral Data for Structure Determination of Organic Compounds (1983), p. 120.Google Scholar
- 6.A. J. Jones, P. Hanisch, and M. L. Hetterman, Aust. J. Chem.,33 (3), 499 (1980).Google Scholar