Oxidation of aliphatic alcohols by a system containing Na2S2O8 and a metal chloride
The oxidation of primary aliphatic alcohols by the Na2S2O8-alkali metal chloride system in water in the presence of sulfuric acid gives 1,1-dialkoxy-2-chloroalkanes.
KeywordsOxidation Alcohol Chloride Sulfuric Acid Aliphatic Alcohol
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. E. McIsaac and J. O. Edwards, J. Org. Chem.,34, 2565 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.M. E. Snock and G. A. Gamilton, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,96, 860 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Giordano, F. Minisci, V. Tortelli, and E. Vismara, Org. Prep. Proced. Int.,17, 49 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.C. Walling and D. M. Camaioni, J. Org. Chem., 43, 3266 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Clerici and O. Porta, J. Chem. Soc., Perkin Trans.2, 1234 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.T. Caronna, A. Citterio, Z. Grossi, et al., Tetrahedron,32, 2741 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.G. I. Nikishin and É. I. Troyanskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1188 (1980).Google Scholar
© Plenum Publishing Corporation 1989