Synthesis of derivatives of 4-alkylthiouracil, cytosine, pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine, and pyrimido[4,5-d]pyrimidine from the N,S- and N,N-acetals of diacetylketene and isocyanates
- 35 Downloads
The action of alkyl and aryl isocyanates on the N,S-acetals of diacetylketene leads to the formation of 4-alkylthio-5-acetyl-1-alkyl(aryl)-6-methyl-1H-pyrimidin-2-ones (derivatives of 4-alkylthiouracils). The reaction of the synthesized thiouracils with amines or the reaction of the N,N-acetals of diacetylketene (N,N-ADK) with an equi-molar amount of aryl isocyanates leads to the formation of substituted 4-amino-5-acetyl-1H-pyrimidin-2-ones (derivatives of cytosine). From the latter and isocyanates or directly from N,N-ADK and an excess of the isocyanate, derivatives of 4-methylene-1H,3H, 4H-pyrimido[4,5-d]pyrimidine-2,7-dione were obtained. The exception was the condensation of 3-[N-(4,6-dimethyl-2-pyrimidinyl)diaminomethylene]pentane-2,4-dione with aryl isocyanates, which led to 3H,8H-pyrido[2,3-d]pyrimidine-2,5-diones.
KeywordsPyrimidine Cytosine Dione Isocyanate Thiouracil
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. K. Dieter, Tetrahedron,42, No. 12, 3029 (1986).Google Scholar
- 2.Y. Tominaga, S. H. Kohra, H. Honkana, et al., Heterocycles29, No. 7, 1409 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Takata, T. Nakajama, M. Nakano, et al., Chem. Pharm. Bull.,33, No. 10, 4299 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Gelbin and D. Martin, J. Pract. Chem.,329, No. 5, 753 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.P. B. Sulay and J. C. Ivanov, Liebigs Ann. Chem., No. 12, 1101 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Dorokhov, M. F. Gordeev, E. M. Shashkova, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 2600 (1991).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Dorokhov, M. F. Gordeev, Z. K. Dem'yanets, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 7, 1683 (1987).Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Dorokhov, M. F. Gordeev, Z. K. Dem'yanets, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 8, 1806 (1989).Google Scholar
- 9.V. A. Dorokhov and M. F. Gordeev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 12, 2874 (1989).Google Scholar
- 10.M. F. Gordeev, A. V. Komkov, and V. A. Dorokhov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1286 (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.C. Kashima, A. Katon, Y. Yokota, et al., Synthesis, No. 2, 151 (1983).Google Scholar