Ion transport numbers in crown-containing polymers
- 20 Downloads
The predominant participation of anions of sorbed electrolytes in electrical charge transfer in polymers was demonstrated based on measurement of the transport numbers of Li+, Na+, K+, Rb+, Cs+, Tl+, and NO3−ions through homogeneous polymer membranes containing dibenzo-18-crown-6 or dibenzo-24-crown-8. The coordination reaction of the cations with the crown ethers in the polymer phase is the cause of the decrease in the proportion of cations in electrical charge transfer.
KeywordsPolymer Ether Charge Transfer Electrical Charge Crown Ether
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Al'tshuler, L. A. Sapozhnikova, N. V. Malyshenko, and E. V. Ostapova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1939 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.Handbook of Electrochemistry [in Russian], A. M. Sukhotin (ed.), Khimiya, Leningrad (1981), p. 80.Google Scholar
- 3.J. R. Graham and A. R. Gordon, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,79, 2350 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.R. M. Izatt, J. S. Bradshaw, S. A. Nielsen, et al., Chem. Revs.,85, 271 (1985).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. A. Ovchinnikov, V. T. Ivanov, and A. M. Shkrob, Membrane-Active Complexones [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974), p. 72.Google Scholar
- 6.G. N. Al'tshuler, N. V. Malyshenko, and L. A. Sapozhnikova, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,60, 2869 (1986).Google Scholar