1H (1-D and 2-D) NMR spectra and the conformational states of some 3-monosubstituted saturated five-membered heterocycles
- 22 Downloads
We have recorded the1H (1-D and 2-D) NMR spectra of sulfolane, a series of 3-monosubstituted sulfolanes, and 3-acetoxy-1,1-diphenylsilacyclopentane. We have determined the chemical shifts and the proton-proton spin-spin coupling constants of seven ring protons. From analysis of the magnitudes of the vicinal spin-spin coupling constants and consideration of the full-cycle pseudorotation model for five-membered heterocycles, we found that seven conformers are most probable for 3-iodo- and 3-tert-butylsulfolanes. Four of these conformers have the half-chair conformation, three have the envelope conformation with pseudoequatorial substituents. The rest of the 3-monosubstituted sulfolanes (chloro-, bromo-, hydroxy-, and methacryloxysulfolanes) and 3-acetoxy-1,1-diphenylsilacyclopentane also have seven preferred conformations, but with pseudoaxial substituents.
KeywordsChemical Shift Chloro Bromo Conformational State Ring Proton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Spirikhin, R. A. Sadykov, B. V. Flekhter, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 1029 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.R. V. Kunakova, F. V. Sharipova, G. A. Tolstikov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 7, 1833 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Panasenko, L. V. Spirikhin, I. A. Gailyunas, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 8, 1769 (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Anteunis and D. Danneels, Org. Magn. Reson.,7, No. 4, 345 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.R. L. Lipnick, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,96, No. 9, 2941 (1974).Google Scholar