Hydromagnetic effects on the three-dimensional flow past a porous plate
- 31 Downloads
Hydromagnetic effects on the three-dimensional flow of an electrically conducting viscous incompressible fluid past a porous plate with periodic suction has been analysed. The uniform flow is subjected to a transversely applied magnetic field. The mathematical analysis is presented for the hydromagnetic boundary layer flow neglecting the induced magnetic field. Approximate solutions for the components of velocity field and the skin-frictions due to them are obtained and discussed with the help of a graph and tables.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Boundary Layer Velocity Field Approximate Solution Mathematical Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. V. Lachmann,Boundary Layer and Flow Control. Its Principles and Application, vols. I and II, Pergamon Press, Oxford 1961.Google Scholar
- K. Gersten and J. F. Gross, Z. Angew. Math. Phys.25, 399 (1974).Google Scholar
- P. Singh, V. P. Sharma and U. N. Misra, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer21, 1117 (1978).Google Scholar
- V. J. Rossow, N.A.C.A. Techn. Note 3971 (1957).Google Scholar
- H. P. Greenspan and G. F. Carrier, J. Fluid Mech.6, 77 (1959).Google Scholar
- U. Suryaprakasrao, Z. Angew. Math. Mech.43, 133 (1962).Google Scholar
- G. S. Singh, Indian J. Pure Appl. Math.1, 37 (1970).Google Scholar