Peculiarities of the reactions of autohydrogenolysis of organosulfur compounds in the presence of MAlCl4
- 21 Downloads
The reactions of hydrogenolysis of representatives of various classes of organosulfur compounds (hexyl mercaptan, dihexyl sulfide, dihexyl disulfide, thiophene, and concentrates of sulfides isolated from diesel fuel) in the presence of MAlCl4 (M= Li, Na, K) was studied. High degrees of conversion of sulfur-containing compounds in hydrogenolysis reactions are achieved at substantially low temperatures (150–250°C). The reactions of elimination of sulfur from organosulfur compounds with the formation of H2S occur with the participation of hydride ions, formed in the process; in this case the solvent performs the function of a proton donor. In liquid conversion products the presence of aromatic hydrocarbons is detected. The scheme of occurrence of the coupled reactions occurring in the presence of MAlCl4 is cited.
KeywordsSulfide Hydrocarbon Diesel Disulfide Hydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Mashkina, Heterogeneous Catalysis in the Chemistry of Organic Sulfur Compounds [in Russian], Nauka, Sib. Otd., Novosibirsk (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.B. Gates, J. Ketzir, and G. Shuit, The Chemistry of Catalytic Processes [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1981), p. 230.Google Scholar
- 3.R. D. Obolentsev and L. N. Gabdullina, The Chemistry of Organosulfur Compounds Contained in Petroleums and Petroleum Products [in Russian], Vol. 2 (1959), p. 183; Vol. 3 (1960), p. 261; Vol. 4 (1961); p. 145, Vol. 6, (1964), p. 324.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Z. Magaril, Theoretical Bases of Chemical Processes of Oil Refining [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1985), p. 239.Google Scholar
- 5.S. R. Ivanova, T. V. Romanko, V. G. Shaekhova, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin.,27(A), No. 2, 244 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.É. F. Gumerova, S. R. Ivanova, E. L. Ponomareva, et al., Vysokomol. Soedin.,31(B), No. 8, 607 (1989).Google Scholar
- 7.K. G. Ione, Polyfunctional Catalysis of Zeolites [in Russian], Nauka, Sib. Otd., Novosibirsk (1982), p. 53.Google Scholar
- 8.A. A. Furman, Inorganic Chlorides [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1980), p. 156.Google Scholar
- 9.G. F. Bol'shakov, Organosulfur Compounds of Petroleum [in Russian], Nauka, Sib. Otd., Novosibirsk (1986), p. 226.Google Scholar
- 10.N. K. Lyapina, The Chemistry and Physical Chemistry of Organosulfur Compounds of Petroleum Distillates [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984), p. 72.Google Scholar