Completely integrable theories as theories of spontaneous breakdown
- 28 Downloads
It is shown that the field theory described by a completely integrable equation (in particular, the theory of any free field) is the theory of spontaneous breakdown of symmetry under certain infinite dynamical group, the corresponding field being the Goldstone field by which this breakdown is accompanied.
KeywordsStatistical Physic Field Theory Integrable Equation Group Theory Integrable Theory
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhakharov, V.E., ‘The method of inverse scattering problems’. In I.A. Kunin (Ed.) ‘Theory of Elastic Media with Microstructure’ byNauka, 1975 (in Russian); andLecture Notes on Mathematics, Springer Verlag, 1978.Google Scholar
- 2.AblowitzM.I., KaupD.I., NewellA.C., and SegurH.,Stud. Appl. Math. 53, 249 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.KonopelchenkoB.G.,Yad. Fiz. 26, 658 (1977) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Konopelchenko, B.G., Preprint of the Institute of Nuclear Physics, 77–53 (1977) (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.ColemanS., WessI., and ZuminoB.,Phys. Rev. 177 2239 (1969). Callan, C.L., Coleman, S., Wess, I., and Zumino, B.,Phys. Rev. 177, 2247 (1969) Ogievetsky, V.I.,Proc. X Winter School of Theor. Phys. in Karpacz,1, 117, Wroclaw, PNR (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.VolkovD.V.,Particles and Nuclei 4, 3 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.IvanovE.A., and OgievetskyV.I.,Lett. Math. Phys. 1, 309 (1976).Google Scholar