Divinyl sulfide. Communication 9. Kinetics and mechanism of reaction of phenylacetylene with sodium hydrosulfide in aqueous dimethyl sulfoxide
- 41 Downloads
According to the data of kinetic study by UV and PMR spectroscopic methods, the formation of cis, cis-di(2-phenylvinyl) sulfide in the reaction between phenylacetylene and sodium hydrosulfide proceeds consecutive-parallel with the intermediate formation of cis-2-phenylvinylthiol, identified in the form of cis-2-phenylvinyl alkyl sulfides.
The rate constants at different temperatures and activation parameters of the consecutively-parallel reactions were estimated.
The formation of cis-2-phenylvinyl thiol is inhibited by water. At water concentrations in the range from 0.2 to 6 M, a rectilinear dependence is observed between the logarithms of the rate constants and the concentration of water.
KeywordsSulfide Dimethyl Thiol Water Concentration Sulfoxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Trofimov, S. V. Amosova, V. V. Kryuchkov, and A. M. Vasil'tsov, Zh. Org. Khim.,17, 2061 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Vasil'tsov, B. A. Trofimov, and S. V. Amosova, Sixth All-Union Conference on Chemistry of Acetylene and Its Derivatives [in Russian], Part II, Baku (1979), p. 117.Google Scholar
- 3.B. A. Trofimov, G. K. Musorin, and S. V. Amosova, Zh. Prikl. Khim.,51, 1190 (1978).Google Scholar
- 4.S. V. Amosova, B. A. Trofimov, V. V. Kryuchkov, and V. I. Parygina, Zh. Org. Khim.,14, 48 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.W. Giggenbach, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.,30, 3189 (1968).Google Scholar
- 6.M. V. Merritt, and D. T. Sawyer, Inorg. Chem.,9, 211 (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Bonnaterre and G. Cauquis, J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun., 293 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.E. T. Denisov, Kinetics of Homogeneous Chemical Reactions [in Russian], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow (1978), p. 43.Google Scholar
- 9.E. M. Arnett and L. E. Small, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,99, 809 (1977).Google Scholar
- 10.J. Gordon, Organic Chemistry of Electrolyte Solutions, Wiley (1975).Google Scholar
- 11.L. Onsager, Physik. Z.28, 277 (1927).Google Scholar
- 12.R. Fuoss and T. Shedlovsky, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,71, 1496 (1949).Google Scholar
- 13.I. M. Kofthoff, M. K. Chantooni, Jr., and S. Bhowmik, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,90, 23 (1968).Google Scholar
- 14.H. Daggett, Jr., J. Am. Chem. Soc.,73, 4977 (1951).Google Scholar