Structure and properties of diphenylacetylbenzo-12-crown-4
- 21 Downloads
It has been shown by x-ray structural examination and IR spectroscopy that conformations of diphenylacetylbenzo-12-crown-4 in which the lone pairs of oxygen are oriented on opposite sides of the plane of the macrocycle are stabilized in the crystal and in solution. From a comparison with the structure and anticonvulsant activity of benzo-12-crown-4 with those of its acetyl and diphenylacetyl derivatives, it is suggested that a condition for the possition of this type of activity is the presence of a conformation of the macrocycle in which the lone pairs of the three oxygen atoms are located on the same side.
KeywordsOxygen Spectroscopy Oxygen Atom Acetyl Lone Pair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Bogatskii, Bioorg. Khim.,9, No. 11, 1445 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.N. V. Lukoyanov, G. I. Van'kin, L. V. Zhuravleva, et al., Biol. Membrany,2, No. 1, 71 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.N. V. Lukoyanov, G. I. Vankin (Van'kin), V. A. Panarin, and O. A. Raevsky (Raevskii), Proc. 11th Intern. Symp. on Macrocyclic Chemistry, Florence, Univ. of Florence (1986), p. 163.Google Scholar
- 4.O. A. Raevskii, I. O. Umarova, V. V. Tkachev, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 1051 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.A. Leo, Environmental Health Perspectives,61, 275 (1985).Google Scholar
- 6.A. K. Tashmukhamedova and N. Zh. Saifulina, Bioorg. Khim., 6, No. 2, 281 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.U. Burkert and N. L. Allinger (eds.), ACS Monograph No. 177: Molecular Mechanics, American Chemical Society, Washington, D.C. (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.O. A. Raevskii, Teor. Éksp. Khim., No. 3, 450 (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.N. N. Strakhova, V. P. Solov'ev, and O. A. Raevskii, Abstracts of Papers, All-Union Conference on the Chemistry of Nonaqueous Solutions [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1987), p. 40.Google Scholar
- 10.O. A. Raevskii, S. V. Trepalin, V. E. Zubareva, and D. G. Batyr, Coord. Chem.,12, No. 6, 723 (1986).Google Scholar