1H and31P NMR study of exchange processes in model phosphorylpyridinium derivatives
- 23 Downloads
The exchange processes in the pyridine-phosphorylpyridine system were studied by1H and31 NMR. With γ-picoline and phosphoryl-γ-picoline as example, lifetimes of participants in exchange processes at various temperatures were determined.
In the absence of polyphosphorylpicolinium compounds, chemical exchange between γ-picoline and phosphorylpicolinium can be described by three equally probable processes that include intermolecular exchange as a basic step.
Thermodynamic exchange parameters were determined. The reactivity of the phosphorylpyridinium derivatives correlates with the basicity of the component pyridine compounds.
KeywordsPyridine Exchange Process Basic Step Exchange Parameter Chemical Exchange
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. F. Zarytova, D. M. Graifer, and E. M. Ivanova, Nucl. Acids Res., Spec. Publ., No. 4, 209 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.D. M. Graifer, V. F. Zarytova, and E. M. Ivanova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,242, 616 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.F. Ramirez and J. F. Marecek, Pure Appl. Chem.,52, 1021 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.C. MacLean and E. L. Mackor, Discus. Faraday Soc.,34, 165 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Weimann and H. G. Khorana, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,85, 4329 (1962).Google Scholar
- 6.M. T. Skoog and W. P. Jenks, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,105, 3356 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.T. V. Mal'tseva, E. M. Ivanova, I. K. Korobeinicheva, and V. F. Zarytova, Izv. Sibir. Otdel. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., No. 2, 120 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.Neth. Pat. Appl.,6, 611 (1967); Chem. Abst.,67., 53614z (1967).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Binsch, in: L. M. Jackman and F. A. Cotton (eds.), Dynamic Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy, Academic Press, New York-London (1975), pp. 45–81.Google Scholar