Exchange reactions in two-phase catalytic systems. Communication 2. Ion exchange with halides between the onium salt and solid alkali metal salts
- 21 Downloads
The ion exchange reaction between solutions of tetrabutylammonium halides in toluene and solid alkali metal halides has been studied. It is shown that no ion exchange takes place between the onium salt and solid-KCl; this is in agreement with the approximate calculation of the equilibrium constant for this reaction (Keq≈10−4).
KeywordsToluene Exchange Reaction Alkali Metal Equilibrium Constant Halide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Yufit, Mechanism of Interphase Catalysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1984), p. 264.Google Scholar
- 2.C. M. Starks, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,93, 195 (1971).Google Scholar
- 3.C. M. Starks and R. M. Owens, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,95, 3613 (1973).Google Scholar
- 4.C. M. Starks, Chem. Technol., No. 10, 110 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.D. Landini, A. Maia, and F. Rolla, J. Chem. Soc.,47, 2264 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.O. I. Danilova, I. A. Esikova, and S. S. Yufit, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2422 (1986).Google Scholar
- 7.V. A. Klimova, Basic Micromethods for the Analysis of Organic Compounds [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1975), p. 111.Google Scholar
- 8.L. V. Gurvich, I. V. Veits, and V. A. Medvedev, Thermodynamic Properties of Individual Substances [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1982), Vol. 1.Google Scholar
- 9.B. E. Conway, R. E. Verall, and J. E. Desnoyers, Trans. Faraday Soc.,62, 2738 (1966).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Rabinovich and Z. Ya. Khavin, Short Chemical Handbook [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.F. Janssens and I. de Aguirre, J. Chim. Phys.,79, 367 (1982).Google Scholar