Trifluoroacetolysis of 2-bromoethyl-2,2-d2 nosylate
- 23 Downloads
PMR spectroscopy has been used to investigate the kinetics of trifluoroacetolysis of 2-bromoethyl-2,2-d2 nosylate and the effects on the rate constant from adding lithium perchlorate or lithium nosylate. It has been shown that the reaction is accompanied by isomerization of the original sulfate (1,2-migration of the bromine) and that the reaction is accomplished through an ion-pair mechanism with the participation of contact ion pairs and free ions.
KeywordsSulfate Spectroscopy Lithium Perchlorate Bromine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. A. Smolina, E. D. Gopius, L. I. Us, L. F. Shchekut'eva, and O. A. Reutov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,216, 1070 (1974).Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Smolina, G. P. Brusova, E. D. Gopius, and O. A. Reutov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,253, 349 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.T. A. Smolina, G. P. Brusova, L. F. Shchekut'eva, E. D. Gopius, A. B. Permin, and O. A. Reutov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2079 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.E. D. Gopius, L. F. Shchekut'eva, and T. A. Smolina, Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. Khim.,23, 64 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.J. L. Coke and F. E. McFarlane, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,91, 1154 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.I. L. Reich, A. F. Diaz, and S. Winstein, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,94, 2256 (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Naumann, Justus Liebigs Ann. Chem.,129, 263 (1864).Google Scholar
- 8.Organic Syntheses [Russian translation], IL, Moscow (1949), Vol. 1, p. 528.Google Scholar