Terephthalate copolyesters of ethylene glycol and propane-1,3-diol
Terephthalate copolyesters of ethylene glycol and propane-1,3-diol of various compositions were prepared by trans-esterification of poly(ethylene terephthalate) (PET) with propane-1,3-diol [PrG(1,3)] . The compositions of the coDolyesters were determined by1H NMR. The melting and crystallization temperatures were measured by differential thermal analysis (DTA). Intrinsic viscosities were measured in orthochlorophenol at 30°C.
KeywordsPolymer Ethylene Viscosity Crystallization Ethylene Glycol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BALAKRISHNAN, T., PONNUSAMY, E. and KOTHANDARAMAN, H.: Polymer Bulletin,5, 187 (1981)Google Scholar
- BALAKRISHNAN, T. , PONNUSAMY, E. and KOTHANDARAMAN, H. : Polymer Journal (communicated)Google Scholar
- EDGAR, O.B. and ELLERY, E. : J. Chem. Soc., 2633 (1952)Google Scholar
- GO, S.: Ph.D. Thesis, University of Massachusetts, USA (1973)Google Scholar
- HUGGINS, M.L.: J. Am. Chem. Soc.,64, 2716 (1942)Google Scholar
- IZARD, E.F.: J. Polym. Sci.,8, 503 (1952)Google Scholar
- JACKSON, W.J., Jr. and KUHFUSS, H.F.: J. Polym. Sci., Polym. Chem. Ed.14, 2043 (1976)Google Scholar
- KRAEMER, E.O.: Ind. Eng. Chem.,30, 1200 (1938)Google Scholar
- PETER, B., RUDOLPH, B. and HUGO, V. : Ger. Offen. 2, 507, 674 (CA85, P 160855r)Google Scholar
- SONNERSKOG, S.: Acta Chem. Scand.,10, 113 (1956)Google Scholar
- WIENER, V.M. : Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co.:Fr. Pat. 1, 442, 061 (CA66, P 29960m)Google Scholar