A blending agent for polyamide fiber
- 25 Downloads
This paper describes a blending agent N-acetylpolyethylenimine(AcPEI) for polyamide fiber. Two types of AcPEI were examined; the branched one which was the acetylated product of commercial polyethylenimine(PEI) and the linear one prepared by the ring-opening polymerization of 2-methyl-2-oxazoline. Polyamide fibers(nylon 6) blended with a 2–10 wt % ratio of AcPEI were prepared by the melt-spinning technic. The processability of spinning was very high because and were very compatible with polyamide. In addition, the polyblend fibers obtained displayed good antistatic and dyeing properties, in which containing tertiary amino groups was more effective than. The mechanical properties were also disccussed.
KeywordsPolymer Mechanical Property Nylon Tertiary Amino Polyamide Fiber
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BASSIRI, T.G., LEVY, A. and Litt, M.:J. Polym. Sci., Polym. Letter 5, 871 (1967)Google Scholar
- CAMPBELL, N.B. and HORNER, A.K.T.:Can. Patent 844, 036 (1968);Chem. Abstr. 73, 57079 (1970)Google Scholar
- FURUKAWA, J., KITAO, T., YAMASHITA, S. and OHYA, S.:J. Polym. Sci. A-1,9, 299 (1971)Google Scholar
- JOHNSON, T.W. and KLOTZ, I.M.: Macromolecules7, 149 and 618 (1974)Google Scholar
- SHASHOUA, V.E.:J. Polym. Sci. 33, 65 (1958)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1981