Comparative study by the19F method of the influence of polar and coordinating solvents on the efficacy of transfer of the electronic influences of substituents in N-arylmercuri- and substituted N-benzyl derivatives of 4′-fluorobenzenesulfanilide
- 25 Downloads
In a comparative Investigation by the19F NMR method of two series of model compounds of the type of ArQN(SO2Ph)C6H4,F-4 (Q=Hg, CH2), it was established that the Hg-N binuclear bridge grouping (BNG) possesses a greater transmission capacity (TC) than the CH2-N BNG.
The efficiency of the transfer of the electronic influence of substituents to an indicator F atom through the Hg-N BNG depends substantially on the direction of transmission.
The decrease in the TC of the Hg-N BNG in coordinating solvents is the result of both dipole-dipole and coordination interactions with the solvent the contributions of which are practically equal.
KeywordsModel Compound Comparative Investigation Transmission Capacity Coordination Interaction Bridge Grouping
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. N. Nesmeyanov, S. I. Pombrik, E. B. Polunkin, L. S. Golovchenko, A. S. Peregudov, D. N. Kravtsov, and É. I. Fedin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 763 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Nesmeyanov, D. N. Kravtsov, L. S. Golovchenko, A. S. Peregudov, P. O. Peregudov, and E. I. Fedin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1664 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.A. S. Peregudov, D. N. Kravtsov, and L. A. Fedorov, J. Organomet. Chem.,71, 341 (1974).Google Scholar
- 4.R. W. Taft, E. Price, I. R. Fox, J. C. Levice, K. K. Andersen, and J. T. Davis, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,85, 3146 (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.A. N. Nesmeyanov, D. N. Kravtsov, L. S. Golovchenko, S. I. Pombrik, A. S. Peregudov, and É. I. Fedin, Abstracts of the 1st All-Union Conference on Organometallic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow, Vol. 2 (1979), p. 40.Google Scholar
- 6.S. K. Dyal and R. W. Taft, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,95, 5595 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Dimroth, R. Christian, T. Siepmann, and F. Bohlmann, Ann. Chem.,661, 1 (1963).Google Scholar
- 8.T. R. Griffiths and D. C. Tugh, Coord. Chem. Rev.,29, 129 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.A. N. Nesmeyanov, D. N. Kravtsov, É. V. Polunkin, S. I. Pombrik, A. S. Peregudov, and É. I. Fedin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1215 (1980).Google Scholar
- 10.S. I. Pombrik, E. V. Polunkin, L. S. Peregudov, É. I. Fedin, and D. N. Kravtsov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2406 (1981).Google Scholar