Effect of the viscosity of monomeric solutions on the rate constant of bimolecular chain breaking in radical polymerization of N,N-dialkyl-N,N-diallylammonium halides
- 35 Downloads
The nonlinear increase in the initial rate of radical polymerization of N,N-dialkyl-N,N-diallylammonium halides in aqueous and methanol solutions as the starting concentration of the monomer increases is due to a decrease in the rate constant of bimolecular chain breaking with an increase in the viscosity of the starting solutions of the monomer.
Degradation transfer of chains to the monomer, characteristics of polymerization of allyl monomers, is absent in the reactions studied.
KeywordsPolymerization Viscosity Methanol Initial Rate Halide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. B. Butler and R. J. Angelo, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,79, 3128 (1957).Google Scholar
- 2.I. E. Lancaster, L. Baccei, and H. P. Panzer, J. Polym. Sci. Polym. Lett.,14, 549 (1976).Google Scholar
- 3.D. A. Topchiev, G. T. Nazhmetdinova, A. M. Krapivin, V. A. Shreider, and V. A. Kabanov, Vysokomol. Soedin. B,24, 473 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.D. A. Topchiev, G. T. Bikasheva, A. I. Martynenko, N. N. Kaptsov, L. A. Gudkova, and V. A. Kabanov, Vysokomol. Soedin. B,22, 269 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.D. A. Topchiev, G. T. Bikasheva, N. N. Kaptsov, L. A. Gudkova, A. I. Martynenko, and V. A. Kabanov, in: Polymeric Amines: Synthesis of Monomers, Polymerization and Applications in the National Economy [in Russian], INKhS Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1980), p. 114. (Submitted to the All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information, No. 709-81).Google Scholar
- 6.W. Jaeger, Lu Trong Hong, B. Phillipp, G. Reinisch, and Ch. Wandrey, in: Polymeric Amines and Ammonium Salts (IUPAC), E. I. Goethals (ed.), Pergamon Press, New York (1980), p. 155.Google Scholar
- 7.Ch. Wandrey, W. Jaeger, and G. Reinsch, Acta Polym.,32, 197 (1981).Google Scholar
- 8.M. F. Hoover, J. Macromol. Sci.,A4, 1327 (1970).Google Scholar
- 9.G. P. Gladyshev and V. A. Popov, Radical Polymerization with Deep Degrees of Transformation [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1974), pp. 43–45.Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. North and G. A. Reed, J. Polym. Sci.,A1, 1311 (1963).Google Scholar