Mechanism of the catalytic action of penta(dimethylsulfoxido)vanadyl hexathiocyanatoplatinate in the liquid-phase oxidation of cyclohexene
The complex studied — penta (dimethylsulfoxido) vanadyl hexathiocyanatoplatinate (I) is an effective catalyst for the low-temperature oxidation of cyclohexene in alcoholic media, ensuring a high reaction rate up to a high degree of conversion.
It has been established that there is a synergism between the component parts of the catalyst, the maximum rate of oxidation of cyclohexene being observed with V/Pt=2.
In the initial stages of the oxidation of cyclohexene in the presence of (I), the reaction rate is described by the kinetics of a chain growth-chain breaking process.
KeywordsOxidation Cyclohexene Penta Maximum Rate Catalytic Action
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. P. Skibida, Usp. Khim.,44, 1729 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Kuznetsova and V. V. Kovalev, Koord. Khim.,3, 1888 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.E. M. Erazhnikov and D. M. Lisitsyn, USSR Patent 257 125 (1968); Byul. Izobr., No. 35, p. 18 (1969).Google Scholar
- 4.J. A. Howard, J. C. Tait, T. Jamada, and J. H. B. Chenier, Can. J. Chem.,59, 2184 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.L. M. Pisarenko, A. B. Gagarina, and N. M. émanuél', Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,221, 640 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.Ya. A. Dorfman and V. S. Emel'yanova, 2nd All-Union Conference on the Chemistry, Technology, and Uses of Vanadium Compounds [in Russian], Alma-Ata (1976), p. 257.Google Scholar
- 7.I. P. Skibida and P. Kok, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2691 (1974).Google Scholar