Inhomogeneous microporous structures and adsorption properties of carbon adsorbents. Communication 5. Temperature dependence of adsorption
- 28 Downloads
Based on the theory of volume filling of micropores, a generalized Dubinin equation for the adsorption of vapors by an adsorbent with an inhomogeneous microporous structure and an arbitrary shape of the micropores was obtained. The Dubinin-Stoeckli equation for a slit model of micropores is a particular case.
The isotherms of adsorption of benzene vapors on active carbon with a broad distribution of micropores and significant development of the volume and area of mesopores were studied in detail. The equations of the theory of volume filling of micropores permit describing the adsorption isotherms with totally satisfactory precision.
KeywordsBenzene Active Carbon Adsorption Isotherm Adsorption Property Significant Development
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Dubinin, E. D. Zaverina, and L. V. Radushkevich, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,21, 1351 (1946).Google Scholar
- 2.M. M. Dubinin and E. D. Zaverina, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,23, 1129 (1949).Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Dubinin and V. A. Astakhov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 5 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Dubinin, Progr. Surf. Membrane Sci.,9, 2 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Dubinin and H. F. Stoeckli, J. Colloid and Interface Sci.,75, 34–43 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Dubinin, S. N. Efremov, L. I. Kataeva, and E. A. Ustinov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 255 (1985).Google Scholar
- 7.M. M. Dubinin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1691 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.M. M. Dubinin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,275, 1442 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.M. M. Dubinin, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,286, 1433 (1986).Google Scholar
- 10.T. E. Jordan, Vapor Pressure of Organic Compounds, Interscience Publishers, New York (1954), p. 6.Google Scholar
- 11.K. M. Nikolaev and M. M. Dubinin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 1165 (1958).Google Scholar