Catalytic reaction of sylvan with alkyl diazoacetates as a method for the synthesis of stereoisomeric 4-acetyl-1,3-butadiene-1-carboxylic acids
- 26 Downloads
The reaction of alkyl diazoacetates with sylvan in the presence in rhodium, palladium and copper catalysts proceeds smoothly at from -20 to +60°C to give the Z, Z, E, Z and E,E isomers of the corresponding ester of 4-acetyl-l, 3-butadiene-l-carboxylic acid along with the alkyl ester of 3-methyl-2-oxabicyclo[3.1.0] hex-3-ene-6-carboxylic acid (in 62–94% total yield). The data obtained indicate the parallel formation of this bicyclic adduct and the corresponding isomeric ketodienes.
Optimal conditions were found for the stereoselective preparation of E, Z isomers of alkyl esters of 4-acety l-l,3-butadiene-l-carboxylic acid (up.to 70% yields), which hold interest as synthetic precursors for the preparation of beetle and weevil pheromones.
KeywordsCopper Ester Adduct Optimal Condition Palladium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Novak and F. Sorm, Collect. Czech. Chem. commun.,23 1126 (1953).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Shostakovskii, M. Ya. Samoilova, M. I. Kravchenko, and O. M. Nefedov, in: Advances in Carbene Chemistry [in Russian], Izd. Nauka, Msocow (1973), p. 200.Google Scholar
- 3.G. O. Schenck and R. Steinmetz, Lieb. Ann. Chem.,668, 19 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Rokach, J. Adams, and R. Perry, Tetrahedron Lett.,24, 5185 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Shostakovskii, V. L. Zlatkina, A. E. Vasil'vitskii, and O. M. Nefedov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2126 (1982).Google Scholar