Intracrystalline diffusion in zeolites. Communication 4. Influence of heat effects and diffusion in transport pores on the kinetics of adsorption of n-butane by caa zeolite
- 26 Downloads
In the adsorption of n-butane by CaA zeolite from a one-component gas phase, the relative role of diffusion in transport pores decreases with an increase in the degree of filling, and the role of the thermal component increases.
The contribution of the thermal component increases with a decrease in the size of the adsorbent granule, and when the thickness of the plate is 2L < 0.01 cm, the adsorption kinetics are basically determined by the rate of dissipation of the heat of adsorption with all degrees of filling studied.
KeywordsZeolite Heat Effect Relative Role Adsorption Kinetic Thermal Component
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Karger and J. Caro, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 1,73, 1363 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Bakaev and L. F. Smirnova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 284 (1978).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Karger and D. M. Ruthven, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. 1,77, 1485 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Bülow, J. Kärger, M. Kočiřik, and A. M. Voloschuk, Z. Chem.,21, 175 (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Bulow, A. M. Voloshchuk, J. Karger, and V. I. Ulin, Comprehensive Proceedings of the V All-Union Conference on Theoretical Questions of Adsorption [in Russian], No. 2, Nauka, Moscow (1979), p. 33.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Karger, J. Caro, and M. Bulow, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2666 (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Struve, M. Kocirik, M. Bulow, A. Zikanova, and A. G. Bezus, Z. Phys. Chem. (Leipzig),263, 116 (1982).Google Scholar
- 8.D. M. Ruthven and L. K. Lee, AIChE J.,27, 654 (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Kocirik, J. Karger, and A. Zikanova, J. Chem. Techn. Biotechn.,29, 339 (1979).Google Scholar
- 10.A. M. Voloshchuk, V. A. Gorlov, M. M. Dubinin, I. T. Erashko, p. p. Zolotarev, and V. V. Ugrozov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1710 (1983).Google Scholar
- 11.V. V. Ugrozov, P. P. Zolotarev, A. M. Voloshchuk, M. M. Dubinin, and I. T. Erashko, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1468 (1983).Google Scholar
- 12.D. P. Timofeev, Adsorption Kinetics [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Moscow (1962).Google Scholar