Reaction of aromatic nitro compounds with transition metal complexes. 2. Complexes of platinum(II) with aromatic nitro compounds: synthesis, properties, spectra, and structure
- 51 Downloads
Complexes of platinum(II) with aromatic nitro compounds of the general formula PtCl(DMSO)(C6H3NO2R), where R=H, Cl, CH3, were synthesized. Their electronic and IR spectra were measured and discussed. The catalytic activity of the complexes in the hydrogenation reaction of the aromatic nitro compounds was shown.
An x-ray investigation of the PtCl(DMSO)(C6H4NO2) complex was carried out, and it was shown that the platinum atom has a square planar coordination and forms a five-membered metallo-ring, which includes one of the oxygen atoms of the nitro group and a carbon of the benzene ring at the ortho position with reference to the nitro group.
KeywordsOxygen Hydrogenation Benzene DMSO Platinum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.É. N. Izakovich, L. M. Kachapina, and M. L. Khidekel', Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1517 (1982).Google Scholar
- 2.Chemistry of Nitro and Nitroso Groups [Russian translation], G. Feuer, ed., Vol. 1, Mir, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.F. A. Cotton, R. Francis, and W. D. Horrocks, J. Phys. Chem.,64, 1534 (1960).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Price and A. Williamson, Inorg. Chem.,11, 1280 (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Varsanyi, Assignment for Vibrational Spectra of 700 Benzene Derivatives, Vol. 1, Budapest (1973), pp. 86, 143, 175.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Nakamoto, Infrared and Raman Spectra of Inorganic and Coordination Compounds, New York-London (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.M. A. Porai-Koshits and É. A. Gilinskaya, Science Progress. Crystallography [in Russian], VINITI, Moscow (1966), p. 79.Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Porai-Koshits and G. A. Kukina, Science Progress. Crystallography [in Russian], Vol. 9, VINITI, Moscow (1974), p. 8.Google Scholar
- 9.R. P. Shibaeva, L. P. Rozenberg, R. M. Lobkovskaya, A. E. Shilov, and G. B. Shulpin, J. Organometall. Chem.,220, 271 (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.A. A. Dvorkin, G. S. Matuzenko, Yu. A. Simonov, M. A. Yampol'skaya, N. V. Gérbéléu, and T. I. Malinovskii, Zh. Neorg. Khim.,27, 367 (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.V. A. Avilov, B. G. Chepaikin, and M. L. Khidekel', Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2559 (1974).Google Scholar