Layer-by-layer method in adsorption dynamics. I. New variant of the method, initial equation, and the possibility of a numerical solution
- 31 Downloads
It is suggested that the constants that characterize adsorption dynamics in the layer-by-layer adsorption dynamics model be expressed in terms of length. The kinetic constant is defined as the equilibrium adsorption layer Le where the output concentration is numerically equal to the concentration in equilibrium with the mean adsorption level of that layer.
The initial equation combines the features of a material-balance equation and the adsorption kinetics and isotherm.
The results of numerical calculations for a convex, a linear, and a concave adsorption isotherm agree closely with experimental data.
KeywordsExperimental Data Numerical Calculation Adsorption Isotherm Equilibrium Adsorption Adsorption Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. M. Dubinin, in: Kinetics and Dynamics of Physical Adsorption [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973), p. 149.Google Scholar
- 2.A. J. P. Martin and R. L. M. Synge, Biochem. J.,35, 1358 (1941).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Z. Roginskii, M. I. Yanovskii, and A. D. Berman, Fundamentals of the Application of Chromatography to Catalysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.E. N. Gapon and T. B. Gapon, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,22, 859 (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.V. V. Rachinskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,88, 701 (1953).Google Scholar
- 6.N. K. Galkina and M. M. Senyavin, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,43, 1783 (1969).Google Scholar
- 7.N. K. Galkina and M. M. Senyavin, in: Ion-Exchange and Chromatography Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1968), p. 179.Google Scholar
- 8.A. V. Larin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 236 (1983).Google Scholar
- 9.P. P. Zolotarev, in: Physical Adsorption in Microporous Adsorbents [in Russian], Second Ed., Nauka, Moscow (1979), p. 59.Google Scholar
- 10.M. M. Dubinin and L. V. Radushkevich, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,35, 331 (1947).Google Scholar
- 11.M. M. Dubinin, K. M. Nikolaev, N. S. Polyakov, and G. L. Pirozhkov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1487 (1980).Google Scholar
- 12.M. M. Dubinin, K. M. Nikolaev, N. S. Polyakov, and L. I. Petroya, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1882 (1969).Google Scholar
- 13.M. M. Dubinin, V. S. Kut'kov, A. V. Larin, K. M. Nikolaev, and N. S. Polyakov, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,56, 985 (1982).Google Scholar