Mechanism of the electrochemical reduction of Co(III) complexes with α-aminooximes
A mechanism for the electrochemical reduction of Co (III) complexes withα-amino acids is proposed, which involves a stepwise acceptance of one and two electrons by the depolarizer molecule, accompanied by an incorporated chemical stage.
By means of the ESR and electrochemical methods it has been shown that the nature of this stage is the elimination of one or two inner sphere ligands after addition of the first electron, which makes the first stage of the electrode process irreversible in character.
KeywordsElectrochemical Method Electrochemical Reduction Electrode Process Chemical Stage Sphere Ligand
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. K. Budnikov, T. V. Troepol'skaya, and N. A. Ulakhovich, The Electrochemistry of Metal Chelates in Nonaqueous Media [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow, (1980) p. 192.Google Scholar
- 2.T. V. Troepol'skaya, E. N. Munin, and Yu. P. Kitaev, Koord. Khim.,5, 1052 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.E. N. Munin. T. V. Troepol'skaya, A. P. Stolyarov, and Yu. P. Kitaev, Koord. Khim.,7, 345 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.T. V. Troepol'skaya, G. A. Vagina, Ju. P. Kitayev, L. P. Sharova, and A. I. Stetsenko, XXII International Conference on Coordination Chemistry, Budapest: Abstracts of Papers,1, 337 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.L. P. Sharova, S. A. D'yachenko, A. I. Stetsenko, and V. G. Pogaraeva, Koord. Khim.,8, 984 (1982).Google Scholar
- 6.A. G. Stromberg and G. M. Markacheva, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,28, 671 (1954).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Il'yasov, Yu. M. Kargin, N. N. Sotnikova, V. Z. Kondranina, B. V. Mel'nikov, and A. A. Vafina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 927 (1971).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Lewis and R. C. Wilkins, (eds.) Modern Coordination Chemistry: Principles and Methods, Wiley Interscience, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 10.F. Basolo and R. G. Pearson, Mechanisms of Inorganic Reactions, 2nd edn., Wiely Interscience, New York (1967).Google Scholar
- 11.E. K. Ivanova, I. N. Marov, A. T. Panfilov, O. M. Petrukhin, and V. V. Zhurkov, Zh. Neorg. Khim.,18, 1298 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.C. Amatore, J. Pinson, and J. M. Saveant, J. Electroanal. Chem.,107, 59 (1980).Google Scholar
- 13.C. Amatore, J. Pinson, and J. M. Saveant, J. Electroanal. Chem.,107, 75 (1980).Google Scholar