Intramolecular electron transfer in the intermediately formed radical-anion during electroreduction of ethyl 3,7-dimethyl-10-oxo-2,6-decadienoate in DMFA
The polarographic behavior of the four isomers of ethyl 3,7-diraethyl-10-oxo-2,6-decadienoate and also of model compounds (heptenal and 2E,6Z-farnesenic ester) was studied. During electroreduction intramolecular electron transfer from the ester groups to the aldehyde group occurs in the intermediately formed radical-anion.
The existence of the conformation with closer aldehyde and carboxyl groups in the α,ω-aldehydo esters (I) was confirmed by the polarographic method.
KeywordsEster Ethyl Aldehyde Carboxyl Electron Transfer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. I. Furlei, V. N. Odinokov, V. I. Khvostenko, G. A. Tolstikov, N. Ya. Grigor'eva, I. M. Avrutov, and A. V. Semenovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1981, 330.Google Scholar
- 2.N. Ya. Grigor'eva, I. M. Avrutov, A. V. Semenovskii, V. N. Odinokov, V. R. Akhundova, and G. A. Tolstikov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 382 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.S. G. Mairanovskii, Ya. P. Stradyn', and V. D. Bezyglyi, Polarography in Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Leningrad (1975), pp. 325–328.Google Scholar
- 4.S. G. Mairanovskii and N. P. Rodionov, Élektrokhimiya,14, No. 5, 746 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.S. G. Mairanovskii, A. M. Moiseenkov, I. V. Proskurovskaya, E. V. Polunin, V. P. Gul'tyai, I. M. Zaks, and A. V. Semenovskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2618 (1978).Google Scholar
- 6.S. G. Mairanovskii, in: Electrosynthesis of Monomers [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1980), pp. 244–276.Google Scholar
- 7.K. Shimada and M. Szwarc, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,97, 3321 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.W. M. Moore, A. Salajegheh, and D. G. Peters, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,97, 4954 (1975).Google Scholar
- 9.K. Shimada and M. Szwarc, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,97, 3313 (1975).Google Scholar