A study of polyfunctional zeolite catalysts. Communication 7. Catalytic properties of metal-M1+NaX zeolite systems in the hydrocondensation of butyraldehyde
- 40 Downloads
Butyraldehyde and hydrogen are converted to 2-ethylhexanal and 2-ethyl-1-hexanol on systems containing and metal (Pt, Pd, Rh, Ni, and Co) and zeolite M1+NaX (M1+=Na+, K+, and Rb+) at atmospheric pressure and 100–200°C. This finding confirms the bifunctional catalytic effect of these systems.
The Pd/M1+NaX systems displays the greatest selectivity of the catalysts studied in the one-step synthesis of 2-ethylhexanal from butyraldehyde and H2.
KeywordsHydrogen Zeolite Catalytic Property Catalytic Effect Zeolite Catalyst
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kh. M. Minachev and Ya. I. Isakov, Metal-Containing Zeolites in Catalysis [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.Ya. I. Isakov, Kh. M. Minachev, and N. Ya. Usachev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1175 (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.Ya. I. Isakov and Kh. M. Minachev, Usp. Khim.,51, 2069 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Vernert, Instantanes Chim., No. 33, 31 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Romanian Patent No. 57,393 (1972); Chem. Abstr.,83, 192569a (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.Romanian Patent No. 69604 (1972); Ref. Zh. Khim., 13N77P (1977).Google Scholar
- 7.M. G. Katsnel'son, V. L. Klimenko, M. L. Kolesov, V. B. Del'nik, and I. V. El'man, The Current State and Trends in the Development of the Oxo Synthesis [in Russian], Izd. TsNIITÉneftekhim, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. I. Isakov, N. Ya. Usachev, T. A. Isakova, and Kh. M. Minachev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1965 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.Handbook on the Synthesis of Platinum Group Metal Complexes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1964, pp. 77, 199).Google Scholar
- 10.T. Yashima, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Molecular Sieves, Leuven University Press, Leuven (1973), p. 425.Google Scholar
- 11.G. D. Zakumbaeva, The Interaction of Organic Compounds with the Surface of Group VIII Metals [in Russian], Nauka, Alma-Ata (1978), p. 69.Google Scholar
- 12.W. J. Reagan, A. W. Chester, and G. T. Kerr, J. Catal.,69, 89 (1981).Google Scholar