Enzymatic hydrolysis of mannoglucans obtained from cellulose
- 26 Downloads
The mannoglucans obtained by the reduction of ketocelluloses are easily cleaved by cellulase preparations, in which connection, depending on the activity ratio of the exo and endo enzymes in the cellulase complex, the predominant hydrolysis products are either monosaccharides (glucose and mannose) or oligosaccharides, in which the residues of these sugars are connected by β-(1→ 4) linkages.
KeywordsGlucose Enzyme Sugar Cellulose Hydrolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. I. Usov and V. S. Ivanova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1973, 910.Google Scholar
- 2.K. Kato, T. Watanabe, and K. Matsuda, Agr. Biol. Chem.,34, 532 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.J. Sloneker, in: Study Methods for Carbohydrates [Russian translation], Mir (1975), p. 22.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Dietsch, in: Methods in Carbohydrate Chemistry [Russian translation], Mir (1967), p. 53.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Takenishi and J. Tsujisaka, Agr. Biol. Chem.,37, 1385 (1973).Google Scholar
- 6.F. C. Peterson and C. C. Spencer, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,49, 2822 (1927).Google Scholar
- 7.F. Smith and H. C. Srivastava, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,78, 1404 (1956).Google Scholar