Organoboron compounds. 370. Allylboron-acetylene condensation by the use of tricrotylborane and the synthesis of 4,6-dimethyl-1-boraadamantane
- 34 Downloads
Tricrotylborane reacts with propargyl methyl ether with the formation of derivatives of 7-methoxymethyl-8,9-dimethyl-3-borabicyclo[3.3.1]non-6-ene.
The second stage of the allylboron-acetylene condensation — formation of 3-substituted 1,5-diallyl-1-boracyclohex-2-enes — proceeds with the allyl regrouping. Stereospecificity of the second stage of the reaction of tricrotylborane with propargyl methyl ether is observed.
Complexes of 4,6-dimethyl-1-boraadamantane with THF and pyridine are obtained during hydroboronation of 3-methoxy-7-methoxymethyl-8,9-dimethyl-3-borabicyclo[3.3.1]non-6-ene.
On the basis of13C NMR, one methyl group occupies the axial, and the other the equatorial position in 4,6-dimethyl-1-boraadamantane.
KeywordsMethyl Ether Pyridine Allyl Methyl Ether
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. M. Mikhailov and T. K. Baryshnikova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,243, 929 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.B. M. Mikhailov and T. K. Baryshnikova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1979, 2541.Google Scholar
- 3.B. M. Mikhailov, T. K. Baryshnikova, V. G. Kiselev, and A. S. Shashkov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1979, 2544.Google Scholar
- 4.B. M. Mikhailov, Yu. N. Bubnov, and S. A. Korobeinikova, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1970, 2631.Google Scholar
- 5.B. M. Mikhailov, Yu. N. Bubnov, and A. V. Tsyban', Synthesis (in press).Google Scholar
- 6.B. M. Mikhailov, Usp. Khim.,45, 1102 (1976).Google Scholar
- 7.V. S. Bogdanov, V. F. Pozdnev, Yu. N. Bubnov, and B. M. Mikhailov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,193, 586 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.G. Wahl, Jr., M. Peterson, Jr., W. A. Kleschick, R. L. Green, H. O. Dom, and G. E. Maciel, Org. Magn. Reson.,6, 178 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.D. K. Dalling and M. D. Grant, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,94, 5318 (1972).Google Scholar
- 10.W. Reppe, Lieb. Ann. Chem.,596, 74 (1955).Google Scholar
- 11.W. G. Young, A. N. Prater, and S. Winstein, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,55, 4808 (1933).Google Scholar
- 12.B. M. Mikhailov and V. F. Pozdnev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1967, 1477.Google Scholar