Telomerization of 2-chloropropene with carbon tetrachloride
- 26 Downloads
We studied the telomerization of 2-chloropropene with CCl4, initiated by coordination initiators based on Fe(CO)5, and here we isolated telomers of structure CCl3(CH2CClCH3)n Cl with n=1, 2. The main reaction product under the selected conditions is the telomer with n=1 (T1).
Telomer T1 enters slightly into a secondary reaction to give (CH3CCl2CH2)2CCl2.
KeywordsCCl4 Tetrachloride Carbon Tetrachloride Main Reaction Secondary Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Kh. Freidlina et al., Aliphatic Chlorine Compounds [in Russian], Nauka (1973), pp. 132, 187.Google Scholar
- 2.N. A. Kuz'mina, E. Ts. Chukovskaya, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1978, 2827.Google Scholar
- 3.L. C. Moore, J. Org. Chem.,37, 2633 (1972).Google Scholar
- 4.B. A. Énglin, N. A. Grigor'ev, V. I. Dostovalova, I. K. Shmyrev, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1973, 2224.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Kh. Freidlina and E. C. Chukovskaya, Synthesis,1974, 477.Google Scholar
- 6.F. K. Velichko, V. I. Dostovalova, N. A. Kuzmina, E. I. Fedin, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Org. Magn. Reson.,7, 46, 361 (1975).Google Scholar