The reaction of 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophehyl)ethane with vinylidene chloride
The reaction of 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)ethane with vinylidene chloride leads to the intermediate formation of the radicals Ar2CHCCl2CH2CCl2, which undergo cyclization with subsequent dehydrochlorination, 2,4,6-trichloro-1-(p-chlorophenyl)naphthalene being formed. The reaction is of preparative value for the synthesis of polychlorinated naphthalenes.
A method has been developed for the analysis of mixtures containing low-volatility polychloro-aromatic compounds by high-performance liquid chromatography.
KeywordsChloride Chromatography Liquid Chromatography Ethane Naphthalene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Kh. Freidlina, N. A. Kuz'mina, and E. Ts. Chukovskaya, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 588 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Kh. Freidlina, N. A. Kuz'mina, L. V. Yashkina, B. V. Kopylova, V. I. Dostovalova, and E. Ts. Chukovskaya, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,236, 637 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.C. E. Coffey, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,83, 1623 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.N. A. Kuz'mina, E. Ts. Chukovskaya, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 489 (1974).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Kh. Freidlina, M. A. Rozhkova, N. A. Kuz'mina, and E. Ts. Chukovskaya, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 374 (1975).Google Scholar
- 6.P. A. Bristow, P. N. Brittain, C. M. Riley, and B. F. Williamson, J. Chromatography,131, 57 (1977).Google Scholar