Electrophilic cyclization of (E, E)-2-farnesylthiophene
- 16 Downloads
The electrophilic cyclization of (E, E)-2-farnesylthiophene has been studied for the first time, and it has been shown that the allylic thienyl group acts as a specific terminator which leads to the formation of a tetra cyclic molecule with a cis-hydrindane fragment.
KeywordsThienyl Cyclic Molecule Electrophilic Cyclization Thienyl Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. V. Semenovskii and M. M. Emel'yanov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2578 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.A. V. Semenovskii, Dissertation, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 3.C. H. Brieskorn, A. Fuchs, J. B. Bredenberg, J. D. McChesney, and E. Wenkert, J. Org. Chem.,29, 2293 (1964).Google Scholar
- 4.T. Matsumoto and S. Osui, Chem. Lett., 105 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. L. Gol'dfarb, E. P. Zakharov, A. S. Shashkov, and F. M. Stoyanovich, Zh. Org. Khim.,7, 1253 (1980).Google Scholar
- 6.W. G. Blenderman, M. M. Joullie, and G. Preti, Tetrahedron Lett., 4985 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Semenovskii, V. A. Smit, and V. F. Kucherov, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,168, 606 (1966).Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. L. Gol'dfarb, C. Z. Taits, and L. I. Belen'kii, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,29, 3564 (1959).Google Scholar
- 9.R. F. Zürcher, Helv. Chim. Acta,46, 2054 (1963).Google Scholar
- 10.K. Mori, M. Ohki, A. Sato, and H. Matsui, Tetrahedron,28, 3739 (1972).Google Scholar