Catalytic properties of high-silica borosilicate
High-silica (HS)-borosilicates exhibit a high catalytic activity in the aromatization of unsaturated hydrocarbons, including ethylene.
A high selectivity in the action of HS-borosilicate with respect to C2-C6 alkenes and C5-C6 cyclenes when compared with the corresponding alkanes and cyclanes has been revealed. HS-borosilicate is an active catalyst for the isomerization of cyclohexene into methylcyclopentene.
The hypothesis is proposed that the aromatization of aliphatic and cyclic hydrocarbons in the presence of borosilicate takes place via a preliminary stage involving the formation of lower olefins.
KeywordsEthylene Hydrocarbon Active Catalyst Alkane Cyclohexene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.O. V. Bragin, T. V. Vasina, B. K. Nefedov, V. N. Lutovinova, T. V. Alekseeva, Kh. M. Minachev, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1179 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.J. R. Anderson, K. Foger, T. Mole, R. A. Rajadhyaksha, and J. V. Sanders, J. Catal.,53, 114 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.O. V. Bragin, B. K. Nefedov, T. V. Vasina, V. N. Lutovinova, T. V. Alekseeva, A. V. Preobrazhenskii, and Kh. M. Minachev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,255, 103 (1980).Google Scholar
- 4.M. R. Klotz, French Patent No. 2.367701 (1978); Chem. Abstr.,89, P. 118480X (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.O. V. Bragin, T. V. Vasina, A. V. Preobrazhenskii, V. N. Lutovinova, and A. L. Liberman, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2282 (1977).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Z. Magaril, The Mechanism and Kinetics of Homogeneous Thermal Reactions of Hydrocarbons [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1970).Google Scholar
- 7.K. V. Topchieva, A. P. Ballod, I. V. Patsevich, and I. Rtishcheva, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Otd. Khim. Nauk, 477 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Adkins and A. K. Roebuck, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,70, 4041 (1948).Google Scholar