Kinetics and mechanism of thermal decomposition of hydroxylammonium perchlorate and its complex with hydroxylamine
- 52 Downloads
In its initial stages, the decomposition of hydroxylammonium perchlorate involves dissociation of the salt followed by decomposition of a complex of hydroxylamine with hydroxylammonium perchlorate. At elevated temperatures the reaction involving hydroxylamine molecules not bound into complexes plays an increasing part.
As hydroxylammonium perchlorate decomposes, the leading stage changes. The crucial reaction becomes oxidation of NH3OH+ by perchloric acid, leading to autocatalysis of the process.
KeywordsOxidation Elevated Temperature Thermal Decomposition Perchlorate Perchloric Acid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. B. Manelis, Yu. I. Rubtsov, and A. V. Raevskii, Fiz. Goren. Vzryva,6, 3 (1970).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. I. Rubtsov, in: Proceedings of Third Symposium on Combustion and Explosion [in Russian], Nauka (1971), p. 771.Google Scholar
- 3.V. A. Koroban, T. I. Smirnova, and B. S. Svetlov, Chemical Physics of Combustion and Explosion Processes: Kinetics of Chemical Reactions [in Russian], OIKhF, Chernogolovka (1977), p. 67; V. A. Rafeev, Yu. I. Rubtsov, and A. I. Kazakov, ibid., p. 63.Google Scholar
- 4.P. H. Quachia, H. Moc, M. A. Klotz, and A. I. Dimilo, Prod. Res. Development,8, 197 (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.H. F. Cordes and S. R. Smith, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem.,32, 1135 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.O. S. Galyuk, Yu. I. Rubtsov, G. F. Malinovskaya, and G. B. Manelis, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,39, 2319 (1965).Google Scholar
- 7.A. E. Harvey, M. T. Edmison, E. D. Jones, R. A. Senbert, and K. A. Catto, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,76, 3270 (1954).Google Scholar
- 8.Paul Pascal, Nouveau Traité de Chimie Minerale, Vol. 10, Masson, Paris (1956), p. 275.Google Scholar
- 9.Yu. I. Rubtsov, G. B. Manelis, Z. I. Grigorovich, and V. Ya. Rosolovskii, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,48, 1399 (1974).Google Scholar
- 10.Thermal Constants of Substances [in Russian], Izd. Akad. Nauk SSSR, No. I (1965); No. III (1968).Google Scholar
- 11.J. B. Levy, J. Phys. Chem.,66, 1092 (1962).Google Scholar