Radical arylation of thiobenzanilides by aryldiazonium salts in the presence of ferrocene
- 27 Downloads
The radical chain thiophilic arylation of thiobenzanilide and thiobenz-p-anisidide by phenyl- and p-methoxyphenyldiazonium tetrafluoroborides was carried out using ferrocene as the catalyst. The corresponding S-arylisothiobenzanilides were obtained in high yield.
p-Nitrophenyldiazonium tetrafluoroboride arylates these thiobenzanilides in the absence of ferrocene, presumably also by a radical mechanism; the thioamide is the catalyst for decomposition of tne aryldiazonium cation.
S-Arylisothiobenzanilides containing electron-withdrawing substituents on the aniline ring undergo hydrolysis under the reaction conditions.
KeywordsHydrolysis Phenyl Aniline Ferrocene Radical Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Kh. Freidlina, R. G. Gasanov, I. I. Kandror, B. V. Kopylova, and L. V. Yashkina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 26b4 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.R. Kh. Freidlina, I. I. Kandror, R. G. Gasanov, B. V. Kopylova, I. O. Bragina, and L. V. Yashkina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 823 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.É. G. Perevalova, M. D. Reshetova, and K. I. Grandberg, Methods in Heteroorganic Cnemistry. Organoiron Compounds. Ferrocene [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1983), p. 109.Google Scholar
- 4.R. G. Gasanov, R. G. Petrova, T. D. Churkina, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,274, No. 2 (1984).Google Scholar
- 5.R. M. Elofson and F. F. Gadallah, J. Org. Chem.,34, 854 (1969).Google Scholar
- 6.B. V. Kopylova, I. I. Kandror, R. G. Gasanov, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1552 (1983).Google Scholar
- 7.W. Chapman, J. Chem. Soc., 2296 (1926).Google Scholar
- 8.I. I. Kandror, I. O. Bragina, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,249, 867 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.W. Walter, J. Voss, and J. Curts, Liebigs Ann. Chem.,695, 77 (1966).Google Scholar