Vibration spectra and conformation of α,α-dichloromethyl alkyl ethers
- 18 Downloads
The conformational composition of MeOCHCl2 has been established and the differences between the enthalpies of the conformers in the solutions have been determined by vibrational spectroscopy methods. The data on the parameters of the conformational equilibrium in the gaseous phase were outlined by extrapolation.
It was shown that in liquid samples of ROCHCl2 (R=Et, i-Pr), the CHCl2 fragment has a γ- and τ-orientation. During crystallization only the gg-isomers that differ in the conformation of the alkyl fragment are retained.
KeywordsSpectroscopy Ether Crystallization Enthalpy Gaseous Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. E. Astrup, Acta Chem. Scand.,A30, 115 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.A. N. Vereshchagin, A. M. Salikhova, V. V. Zverev, F. G. Saitkulova, and Ya. Ua. Villem, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 997 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Bredikhin, A. M. Salikhova, and A. N. Vereshchagin, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2248 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Laato, Turun yliopis — tonjulkaisuja, Sar.A51, No. 49 (1961); Ref. Zh. Khim., 21Zh62 (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.L. A. Gribov and V. A. Dement'ev, Methods and Algorithms of Calculations in Theory of Vibration Spectra of Molecules [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.A. Araghi-Moradi, I. E. Adame, K. E. Hansen, and M. Schwartz, Spectrochim. Acta,35A, 813 (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.S. Midzusima, Structure of Molecules and Internal Rotation [Russian translation], Inostr. Lit., Moscow (1957), p. 54.Google Scholar
- 8.K. Altenburg, Koll. Z.,178, 112 (1961).Google Scholar
- 9.V. L. Furer, A. A. Bredikhin, and A. M. Salikhova, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR,268, 644 (1983); V. L. Furer, A. A. Bredikhin, A. M. Salikhova, and A. N. Vereshchagin, Zh. Prikl. Spektrosk.,40, 574 (1984).Google Scholar