Stepwise telomerization of trimethylvinylsilane by carbon tetrabromide and dichlorodibromomethane
The homolytic addition of CBr4 or CCl2Br2 to trimethylvinylsilane and the formation of 1∶1 adducts is accompanied by stepwise telomerization to compounds with two monomer units in the molecule, of the CX2[CH2CHBrSiMe3]2 type, where X is Cl or Br. Conditions were found that favor the formation of either adducts or telomers.
KeywordsAdduct Monomer Unit Telomerization CBr4 Carbon Tetrabromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. F. Gordon, U. S. Patent 2,715,113 (1955); Chem. Abstr.,50, 7131c (1956).Google Scholar
- 2.L. Goodman, R. M. Silverstein, and G. W. Gould, J. Org. Chem.,22, 596 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.F. G. Yusupov, G. V. Nurtdinova, I. N. Brui, A. N. Nizamova, L. G. Khalilov, G, A, Gailyunas, and V. P. Yur'ev, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 1807 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.G. A. Gailyunas, G. V. Nurtdinova, V. P. Yur'ev, G. A. Tolstikov, and S. R. Rafikov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 914 (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.T. T. Vasil'eva, L. F. Germanova, V. I. Dostovalova, B. V. Nelyubin, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 2759 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.V. I. Dostovalov, F. K. Velichko, T. T. Vasil'eva, N. V. Kruglova, and R. Kh. Freidlina, Org. Magn. Reson.,16, 251 (1981).Google Scholar