Choice of model and calculation of optimum process conditions for extraction of copper from sea water using the natural zeolite clinoptilolite
- 27 Downloads
A solution has been obtained for the problem of component accumulation in a sorbent layer, at internal diffusion kinetics in the linear isotherm region.
In calculating copper accumulation in a clinoptilolite layer of sufficient length (the process is characterized by a relatively high external diffusion coefficient), either the external or internal diffusion model is sufficiently approximate.
On the basis of the selected mathematical model of sorption and empirical data on clinoptilolite regeneration, optimal operating conditions have been calculated for copper extraction from sea water in units of various capacities.
KeywordsZeolite Clinoptilolite Natural Zeolite Optimal Operating Condition Internal Diffusion
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Nikashina, V. A. Tyurina, and L. I. Mironova, Thesis Reports, Second Bulgarian-Soviet Symposium, “Natural Zeolites” [in Russian], Kyrydzhali (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.V. A. Nikashina, V. A. Tyurina, and L. I. Mironova, J. Chromatogr.,201, 107 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.L. A. Mironova and V. A. Nikashina, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1452 (1984).Google Scholar
- 4.M. M. Senyavin, R. N. Rubinshtein, E. V. Venitsianov, N. K. Galkina, I. V. Komarova, and V. A. Nikashina, Foundations of Calculation and Optimization of Ion-Exchange Processes [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1972).Google Scholar
- 5.N. K. Galkina, V. A. Nikashina, and A. M. Senyavin, “Calculation of sorption of metal ions by ion exchange filters,” Paper deposited at All-Union Institute of Scientific and Technical Information, Academy of Sciences of the USSR, Moscow (1977), p. 16.Google Scholar
- 6.E. V. Venitsianov, B. I. Volkov, V. P. Ioffe, G. M. Kolosova, and R. N. Rubinshtein, Zavod. Lab., No. 5, 513 (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.I. A. Myasnikov and K. A. Gol'bert, Zh. Fiz. Khim.,27, 1311 (1953).Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Argin and I. V. Komarova, Khim. Tekhnol. Vody,2, No. 1, 22 (1980).Google Scholar