Synthesis and acid-base and complex-forming properties of 1,4,7,10-tetrakis(dihydroxyphosphorylmethyl)-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane
- 71 Downloads
A new complexone, 1,4,7,10-tetrakis(dihydroxyphosphorylmethyl)-1,4,7,10-tetraazacyclododecane, has been synthesized and its acid-base and complex-forming properties have been studied. It shows a very high complexing capability and marked selectivity for cations of large ionic radius (Cd2+, Hg2+, Pb2+, La3+).
KeywordsIonic Radius Marked Selectivity Large Ionic Radius Tetraazacyclododecane Dihydroxyphosphorylmethyl
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. I. Kabachnik, T. Ya. Medved', Yu. M. Polikarpov, B. K. Shcherbakov, F. I. Bel'skii, E. I. Matrosov, and M. P. Pasechnik, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 835 (1984).Google Scholar
- 2.I. E. Richman and I. G. Atkins, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,6, 2268 (1974).Google Scholar
- 3.R. C. Weast, Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 55th edn., CRC Press (1974–1975), p. F198.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Kodama and E. Kimura, J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans., 116 (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.H. Stetter, W. Frank, and R. Mertens, Tetrahedron,37, 767 (1981).Google Scholar
- 6.A. E. Martell and R. M. Smith, Critical Stability Constants, Vol. 1, Amino Acids, Plenum Press, New York, London (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.H. Koyama and T. Ioschino, Bull. Chem. Soc. Jpn.,45, 481 (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.D. H. Peacock and U. C. Dutta, J. Chem. Soc., 1303 (1934).Google Scholar