Study of the conformations of bicyclo[3.3.1]nonane and its derivatives by the method of atom-atom potentials
- 49 Downloads
A program, based on a mechanical atom-atom potential model, has been written for searching out the stable conformations and conformational transition barriers in bicyclic molecules with arbitrarily chosen substituents.
The BÉSM-6 computer has been used to carry out calculations on the stable conformations of bicyclo[3.3.1]nonane and its derivatives, barrier heights being determined for transition from one conformation to another.
The results obtained in these calculations agreed well with data on the geometries of the various conformers and were used to interpret certain cyclization reactions.
KeywordsBarrier Height Nonane Potential Model Conformational Transition Cyclization Reaction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. H. Westheimer, J. Chem. Phys.,14, 733 (1946);15, 252 (1947).Google Scholar
- 2.A. I. Kitaigorodskii, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,15, 157 (1951).Google Scholar
- 3.V. G. Dashevskii, Zh. Strukt. Khim.,9, 289 (1968);11, 489, 912 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Zefirov, Usp. Khim.,44, 413 (1975).Google Scholar
- 5.C. J. Gleicher and P. R. Schleyer, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,89, 582 (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.E. N. Marvell, C. J. Gleicher, D. Sturmer, and K. Salibury, J. Org. Chem.,33, 3393 (1968).Google Scholar
- 7.N. L. Allinger, M. T. Tribble, M. A. Miller, and D. H. Werte, J. Am. Chem., Soc.,93, 1637 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.I. Laszlio, Rec. Trav. Chim.,84, 251 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.E. L. Osina, V. S. Mastryukov, L. V. Vilkov, and N. A. Belikova, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun.,1, 12 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.E. L. Eliel, N. L. Allinger, et al. (editors), Conformational Analysis, Wiley (1965).Google Scholar
- 11.T. A. Klimova, M. M. Krayushkin, V. V. Sevost'yanova, and S. S. Novikov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim.,1976, 1096.Google Scholar