Cooling of a stretching sheet in non-Newtonian flow
- 37 Downloads
An analytical solution has been developed for the temperature distribution in a stretching sheet undergoing cooling in a non-Newtonian viscoelastic fluid. A solution has also been obtained for the temperature field in the boundary layer. Sufficient conditions for convergence of the solutions have been established.
KeywordsBoundary Layer Temperature Distribution Temperature Field Mathematical Method Viscoelastic Fluid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. J. Crane, Z. Angew. Math. Phys.21, 645 (1970).Google Scholar
- B. Siddappa and S. Abel, Z. Angew. Math. Phys.36, 890 (1985).Google Scholar
- K. Walters, Quart. J. Mech. appl. Math.13, 444 (1960).Google Scholar
- P. S. Gupta and A. S. Gupta, Canad. J. Chem. Eng.55, 744 (1977).Google Scholar
- P. Carragher and L. J. Crane, Z. Angew. Math. Mechanik62, 564 (1982).Google Scholar
- B. K. Dutta, P. Ray and A. S. Gupta, Int. Commun. Heat Mass Transfer12, 89 (1985).Google Scholar
- B. K. Dutta and A. S. Gupta, Ind. Eng. Chem. Fundam., To be published (1987).Google Scholar
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun,Handbook of Mathematical Functions. Dover Publ., Inc., N.Y. (1965).Google Scholar