Investigation of naphthyridines
- 28 Downloads
2-Acetyl-10-aryl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrobenzo[b]-1,6-naphthyridines were obtained by reaction of 4′-(2′)-R-2-aminobenzophenones with 1-acetyl-4-piperidone, and their pKa values were determined. It was found that they are oxidized by hydrogen peroxide to give the corresponding N-oxides in good yields. The N-oxides are converted to the 4-acetoxy derivatives by the action of acetic anhydride.
KeywordsHydrogen Acetic Hydrogen Peroxide Organic Chemistry Anhydride
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. A. Khaldeeva and M. E. Konshin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 2, 263 (1976).Google Scholar
- 2.E. Baciocchi and G. Illuminati, Gazz. Chim. Ital.,87, 981 (1957).Google Scholar
- 3.W. Hahn and J. Epsztajn, Roczn. Chem.,37, No. 4, 403 (1963).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Albert and E. Serjeant, Ionization Constants of Acids and Bases, Methuen (1962).Google Scholar
- 5.W. C. Lothrop and P. A. Goodwin, J. Am. Chem. Soc.,65, No. 3, 363 (1943).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Klimov, M. N. Tilichenko, and L. A. Timofeeva, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 9, 1218 (1971).Google Scholar