Synthesis of pyrylium salts and heterocyclic nitrogen bases from cycloalkenylacetic acid esters
- 40 Downloads
2-Alkyl-6-methoxy-3,4-tetramethylene- and 3,4-pentamethylenepyrylium perchlorates were obtained by acylation of cycloalkenylacetic acid esters with aliphatic acid anhydrides. 2-Methyl-6-methoxy[2,3-c]cholestanopyrylium perchlorate was similarly synthesized. 2-Alkyl-3,4-tetramethylene-6-pyridones were isolated by treatment of 2-alkyl-6-methoxy-3,4-tetramethylene-pyrylium perchlorates with excess concentrated ammonium hydroxide. 2-Methyl-3,4-pentamethylene-6-aminopyridine was obtained by the action of excess concentrated ammonium hydroxide on 2-methyl-6-methoxy-3,4-pentamethylenepyrylium perchlorate.
KeywordsNitrogen Ammonium Ester Hydroxide Organic Chemistry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Dorofeenko, V. I. Dulenko, and L. V. Dulenko, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,34, 3116 (1964).Google Scholar
- 2.G. N. Dorofeenko, G. N. Safaryan, and V. I. Dulenko, Zh. Obshch. Khim.,36, 811 (1966).Google Scholar
- 3.G. N. Dorofeenko and V. G. Korobkova, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., No. 12, 1601 (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.N. S. Vul'fson (editor), Preparative Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1964), p. 832.Google Scholar
- 5.A. da S. Campos-Neves, Bol. Escol. Farm. Univ. Coimbra,19–20, 207 (1959-1960); Chem. Abstr.,56, 4821 (1962).Google Scholar